Ann's Top 2 Homemade Salsa Recipes
How many men do you know who say that they have a special dish that they always make for special people? And, how many of them have basically the same “special” dish like pasta? That is never good news for me because I don’t like pasta. I know that sounds terrible right?
However, now I know a man who brings something I do like to the table. The first time I tasted his special dish, I said, “Oh my gosh I need this recipe!” He just looked at me like he was trying to figure out if I was teasing or really meant that I wanted the recipe. He said, “It’s just salsa.”
“I know, but, what all is in it?”
“Just anything I could find. That’s all salsa is.”
And, it is. Something else that’s fun about salsa is that you can grow everything for basic salsa right in your own backyard. Well, except for the lime juice. Here are two aweomse salsa recipes I love and hope you will enjoy as well!
Salsa From The Garden
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno,minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbls fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Black Bean and Corn Salsa with Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 (15 1/2 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 large orange/red/ or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 small jalapeno peppers,seeded and minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- about 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- about 1/4 cup balsamicvinegar
- 1 1/2 tbls fresh lime juice
Mix together and enjoy!!
To find fresh ingredients like items above and for more items you may need around the house, check out the Indianapolis Flower and Patio Show starting thie Saturday, March 11th- March 19th at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. For more information and for tickets click here!