Don't throw away that tree! Indianapolis Live Christmas Tree Recycling Locations
Photo: iStock | Thinkstock
Don't throw away that tree! Recycle it:
The Indianapolis Department of Public Works (DPW) and Indy Parks are teaming up to help recycle live Christmas trees for Indy residents Tuesday, December 26 through Wednesday, January 31! The Indianapolis tree recycling program diverts waste from landfills and the waste-to-energy facility and recycles trees for sustainable landscaping resources, such as mulch and soil blends.
Starting Tuesday, December 26 through Wednesday, January 31, trees without any decorations can be dropped off from dawn til dusk at the locations below. Remember, trees must be free of tinsel, lights, tree stands and all other decorative materials in order to recycle them properly.
Drop-off locations for 2017-18 Christmas tree recycling:
- Broad Ripple Park (1610 Broad Ripple Ave.) south lot
- Ellenberger Park (5301 E. St. Clair St.) east of pool in main parking lot
- Garfield Park (2432 Conservatory Drive) in front of the MacAllister Center
- Gustafson Park (3110 Moller Road) near the front entrance
- Krannert Park (605 S. High School Road) north parking lot
- Northwestway Park (5253 W. 62nd St.) north parking lot
- Perry Park (451 E. Stop 11 Road) soccer field parking lot
- Riverside Park (2420 E. Riverside Drive) tennis court parking lot
- Sahm Park (6801 E. 91st St.) soccer field parking lot