Pet-Friendly Indy: Interactive Map of 58 Bars, Restaurants & Breweries with Pet-Friendly Patios
Indianapolis! You never have to go out to eat or drink and feel guilty about leaving your pup at home ever again! Indy's Ultimate Pet-Friendly Restaurant Guide: Here's 58 Foodie, Beer Snob, Wineo and Puppy-Approved Pet-Friendly Spots around Indy. We even broke it down by the side of town you're on, the cutest Puppy Instagram Pics taken at the spots AND Yelp pages so you can check the reviews yourself.
DOWNTOWN ( 18 )
- Chilly Water Brewing Co | Brewery with creative eats | Yelp | 719 Virginia Ave #105
- Sultana Café & Hookah Bar | Hookah Bar, Middle Eastern | Yelp | 1107 N College Ave
Sultana Cafe & Hookah Bar on College Ave downtown allows dogs too! They will get you a bowl of water with ice! - listener Cassidy Miller
- St. Joseph Brewery & Public House | American, Brewery, Gastropub | Yelp| 540 N College Ave
- 9 Lives Cat Café | Coffee & Tea | Yelp | 1315 Shelby St #1
While you shouldn't bring your pets here, we couldn't not include 9 Lives on the list! Adoptable cats are waiting for you to come pet them while you sip on tea and coffee!
- Tow Yard Brewing | Brewery, American, Deli | Yelp | 501 Madison Ave
Their front patio features a beautiful view of the city.
- Sun King Brewing | Brewery | Yelp | 135 N College Ave
- The Garden Table Mass Ave | Breakfast & Brunch, Cocktails, Juices & Smoothies | Yelp | 342 - Massachusetts Ave #100
Indy's most Instagrammable restaurant has a patio that sits right on Mass Ave where dogs are welcome!
- The Tap | Beer Bar, Brewery, American | Yelp | 306 N Delaware St
Our favorite downtown beer bar has a huge, dog-friendly patio!
- Shoefly Public House | American | Yelp | 122 E 22nd St
Shoefly has a spacious outdoor area with plenty of room for the pups and a menu featuring locally produced products. They even have home-made puppy treats on the summer menu!
- La Margarita | Bars, Mexican | Yelp | 1043 Virginia Ave
La Marg has Sean's favorite Margarita in Indy! Their patio is right on the Cultural Trail and is perfect for people watching.
- Fresco Italian Café on the Canal | Cafe, Italian |Yelp | 310 W Michigan St
- Bru Burger | Burgers, Sandwiches | Yelp | 410 Massachusetts Ave
*Sean & Ann Approved* Bru is super friendly with dogs and even bring out their own water dishes! You can also bring your pup to the Bru Burger in Carmel & Plainfield!
- Ralston's Drafthouse | Gastropub, American | Yelp | 635 Massachusetts Ave
- Metazoa Brewing Co. | Brewery | Yelp | 140 S College Ave
(@metazoabrewing) on Instagram: “Metazoa had our first piglet in the taproom last weekend for Cinco De Mayo - now THAT means it's a party!”
- Flat 12 Bierwerks | Brewery | Yelp | 414 Dorman St
- Hotel Tango Whiskey | Distillery | Yelp | 702 Virginia Ave
Pet-friendly enough that the owner's cat roams the place daily!
- Goose the Market | Meat Shop, Beer & Wine, Custard, Sandwiches | Yelp | 2503 N Delaware St
Take a walk around Fall Creek Place and stop by Goose for some custard after dinner at Shoefly! They have amazing sandwiches and a large beer, wine and fresh, local ingredients selection.
- Pearings Cafe & Frozen Yogurt | Coffee, Sandwiches, Fro-Yo | Yelp | 6 W Washington St
Fro-Yo, beer, coffee in a modern but comfortable interior environment + a patio. What more do you need? A PUPPY TO ENJOY IT WITH, DUH!
- Danny Boy Beer Works | Brewery, American | Yelp | 12702 Meeting House Rd
In Carmel, Danny Boy Beerworks is dog friendly too and will bring out a fancy water bowl - listener Jodi Raquel Friedman
- SoHo Café & Gallery | Coffee & Tea, Art Gallery on the Monon | Yelp | 620 S Rangeline Rd
SoHo Cafe & Gallery on the Monon in Carmel has a dog friendly patio including complimentary doggie treats. - listener Vivian Elliott Lawhead
- Union Brewing Company | Brewery | Yelp | 622 S Rangeline Rd
- Rail Epicurean Market | Bar, Bakery, American | Yelp | 211 Park St, Westfield, IN 46074
Westfield is a little off our map, but had to include this cool spot
- Muldoon's | Irish, Pub | Yelp | 111 W Main St # 100
Muldoon's Breaded Tenderloin is the winner of Indianapolis Monthly's Reader's Choice award and Best Buy Award.
- Cobblestone Grill | American, Bar, Breakfast & Brunch | Yelp | 160 S Main St, Zionsville
- Patachou Clay Terrace | Breakfast & Brunch | Yelp| 14390 Clay Terrace Blvd #150
All Patachou's have dog friendly patios no matter what side of town you're on!
- Big Lug Canteen | Brewery | Yelp | 1435 E 86th St
The Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich is Sean's fav. You can walk right up to Big Lug off the Monon where you can grab a half salad, half sandwich, a brew for yourself and a puppy beer for your pup!
- Peacewater Winery | Winery | Yelp | 37 W Main St, Carmel
Half of every one of Peace Water's California wine's sold goes toward a non-profit foundation of your choice! They have the the cutest classy boho interior decor & prettiest patio.
- Upland Brewing Co. Carmel Taphouse | Brewery, American | Yelp | 820 E 116th St
- Chatham Tap Fishers | Pub, American | Yelp | 8211 E 116th St #120, Fishers
One word: Breadsticks. Their Mass Ave location is dog-friendly as well!
- Eddy's Neighborhood Bar & Grill | American | Yelp | 11693 Fall Creek Rd
Watch the sunset on Eddy's patio overlooking Geist with your pup.
- Bru Burger Carmel | Burgers, Sandwiches |Yelp | 12901 Old Meridian St
BROAD RIPPLE / SoBro (15)
- The Pawn Shop Pub | Pub (with an cornhole-filled patio) | Yelp | 2222 E 54th St
The Pawn Shop PUB on 54th & Keystone has special water bowls for their doggie friends who dine on the patio with their own two legged friends. Try their tenderloins! - listener Sarah Whiteted
- Scotty's Dawghouse | Sports Bar / American | Yelp | 4702 Sunset Ave #100
Scottys Brewhouse on 96th at allows dogs... So does Scottys Dawghouse on Butler campus... They even have a Dog menu! - listener Sarah Whiteted
- Broad Ripple Brewpub | Pubs, Vegetarian | Yelp | 842 E 65th St
Awesome vegan & vegetarian options with a large covered patio. So pet-friendly they hold “Tails & Ales,” an adoption event, on the patio & will bring a bowl of water out to your pup!
- Canal Bistro | Mediterranean | Yelp | 6349 Guilford Ave
The staff here are so friendly and treat everyone including our fur legged friends with respect! They always greet and let Charlie and bring him out a water bowl. - Rachel C. on Yelp
- Taste Café & Marketplace | Modern American Cafe, Brunch | Yelp | 5164 N College Ave
- Brugge Brasserie | Pub, Dessert, Belgian | Yelp | 1011 E Westfield Blvd
- Sangrita Saloon | Latin American, Cocktail Bar |Yelp | 834 E 64th St
- Plump's Last Shot | Bar, American | Yelp | 6416 Cornell Ave
A legendary neighborhood pub known for it's Pork Tenderloins & dog-friendly patio.
-Twenty Tap | Gastropub, American | Yelp | 5406-08 N College Ave
Great bar with some of Indy's BEST burgers. NOTE: Twenty Tap is temporarily closed & will reopen July 1st!
- Public Greens | American | Yelp | 900 E 64th St
The freshest food, Stumptown Coffee, and the yummiest drinks. Plus, all of Public Greens profits and crops go towards feeding kids via the Patachou Foundation. Check out their urban garden on the other side of the Monon when you're enjoying the patio with your pup! *All Patachou's have dog friendly patios no matter what side of town you're on!*
- Illinois Street Food Emporium | Bakery / Cafe | Yelp | 5550 N Illinois St
- BRICS | Ice Cream | Yelp | 901 E 64th St
Take a stroll with your pup down the Monon from Fire by the Monon or Public Greens to grab dessert at BRICS!
- Flatwater Restaurant on the Canal | Comfort food, Beer Bar, Sandwiches | Yelp | 832 E Westfield Blvd
The perfect happy hour spot to pick on some Pulled Pork Nachos, grab a beer and watch the geese float down the canal with your pup.
- Monon Food Company | American, Tacos | Yelp | 6420 Cornell Ave
A cute porch, artsy dining room & tacos to-die-for. We love the MoFoCo Tacos!
- Fire by the Monon | American, Pub | Yelp | 6523 Ferguson St
We hear great things about the Beer Cheese Dip and their Dirty Mac & Cheese was recently featured in the Indy Monthly!
- Jockamos Upper Crust Pizza | Irvington | Yelp | 5646 E Washington St
- Ash & Elm Cider Co. | Cidery | Yelp | 2104 E Washington St
“The headlong was my personal favorite. It's like a really wonderful and crisp champagne, with a hint of apple. Would make a fantastic mimosa!” - Sean Copeland
- Black Acre Brewing Co. | Brewery, Sandwiches | Yelp | 5632 E Washington St
- The Legend Classic Irvington Cafe | Cafe | Yelp | 5614 E Washington St
One of Sean Copeland's favorite Irvington spots.
- Big Woods Speedway | Burgers, Pizza, Brewery | Yelp | 1002 N Main St, Speedway
HUGE beer garden & wrap around patio.
- Bru Burger Bar Plainfield | Burgers, Sandwiches | Yelp | 2499 Perry Crossing Way #170
- Revery / BaReV | American, Gastropub | Yelp | 299 West Main Street, Greenwood
Fresh, local food & brews + BaReV was just featured as one of Indy Monthly's top new bars!
- Hops and Fire Craft Taphouse | American, Tapas | Yelp | 1259 IN-135, Greenwood
- Vino Villa | Wine Bar, Pizza, Sandwiches | Yelp | 200 N Madison Ave, Greenwood
When Charcuterie & Shiraz on a dog-friendly patio with live music is the only thing that will do.
- Fireside Brewhouse | American, Bar | Yelp | 997 E County Line Rd, Greenwood
Generous portions and a wide beer selection with a dog-friendly patio.
- Taxman Brewing Co. | Brewery, Gastropub |Yelp | 13 S Baldwin St, Bargersville, IN
This one's a little off the map, but way down in Bargersville is where some of Indy's favorite beer is made. We highly recommend making the pilgrimage with your pup. They even have puppy treats!
- Ritter's Frozen Custard | Custard | Yelp | 3219 W County Line Rd, Greenwood
Nothing like a Glacier for you and a PupCup for your pup to end a hot day :)
Want a furry companion to adventure with you to all of these awesome spots? Been wanting to expand your already furry family? Noah's Animal Hospitals & Southside Animal Shelter are teaming up to help find loving homes for cats and dogs in local Indianapolis animal shelters.
Southside Animal Shelter - Available Pets: June
About Noah's Animal Hospitals: Noah’s Animal Hospitals are a family of veterinary clinics serving the Indianapolis, IN area and surrounding communities. With eight convenient locations to serve you, including two 24 hour locations,Noah’s is dedicated to providing you and your pet with the best possible health care and exceptional client service, exceeding your expectations with every interaction. In fact, they like to consider themselves “the best friend of your best friend.”