Save Money By Stealing?
If you've never gone through the Starbucks drive-thru with your dog, you're really missing out. Do it. And ask for a "pup cup." It's just a cup of whipped cream. I got one for Brady the Goldendoodle the other day... he proceeded to get whipped cream all over the car. I reached in the glove box to get some napkins only to realize my stash had been depleted.
So, I stopped off at a gas station and got a big stack from that napkin container they always have by the pump. It got me to thinking -- what's to stop people from taking advantage of the free napkins places always have out? You could literally get by the rest of your life without ever having to pay for a napkin.
With that in mind, I came across this list of 5 Things Everyone Steals:
1. Pens. In one survey, 70% of people who work in an office said that a co-worker has stolen a pen before. And we do it by mistake so often that doctor's offices actually tie them to clipboards.
2. A spot in line. Which is like stealing other people's TIME. One study found that when someone cuts, people object to it 54% of the time. But if two people try to cut TOGETHER, it jumps to 91%.
3. Something from a hotel room. With stuff like shampoo, it's not actually stealing, because they WANT you to take that stuff. If you don't, they'll just toss it. But 35%of people admit they've also stolen things like towels and sheets.
4. Lighters. Which people steal by MISTAKE all the time. Especially smokers, because they're in the habit of using a lighter and immediately putting it in their pocket.
5. Condiments, straws, and napkins. The best example is ketchup packets. You probably have 50 of them sitting in a drawer, just in case you ever run out of ketchup you actually PAID FOR.
So, how many are you guilty of?