Tackle Your Hunger with Chili-Glazed Beef Ribs
and a Full Super Bowl Spread
Chili-Glazed Beef Ribs
(Family Features) It doesn't matter which team you're cheering for if you have a winning game-day menu. Whether you're tailgating at the stadium or anxiously watching from the comfort of your living room, it's important to have a mouthwatering spread to please family and friends. Look no further for this year's stress-free Super Bowl party dining guide.
Super Bowl Menu
1-Step Buffalo Hummus - Simply combine a container of classic hummus with one and a half tablespoons of Tabasco brand Buffalo Style Hot Sauce, and serve alongside fresh veggies, crackers or pita bread.
Fiery White Chili - A classic game-day staple with a twist. Cook celery and green pepper over medium heat until tender. Stir in beans, chicken broth, green chilies, lime juice, Tabasco brand Original Red Pepper Sauce, salt, cumin and browned chicken. Serve hot with shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
Spicy Nut Brittle - For the perfect neck-and-neck gametime nibble. Heat sugar, corn syrup and water, stirring constantly until sugar is completely dissolved, and continue cooking until hard-crack stage. Stir in nuts, butter, baking soda and Tabasco brand Original Red Pepper Sauce. Pour onto large, greased cookie sheet, and allow brittle to cool completely.
To add even more flavor to your Super Bowl party, serve easy to prepare Chili-Glazed Beef Ribs. Simply combine all ingredients into a delicious sauce, brush over beef back ribs, grill and enjoy. For an extra kick, add a couple more dashes of Tabasco brand Original Red Pepper Sauce.
For these, and more crowd-pleasing recipes, visit www.tabasco.com.
Chili-Glazed Beef Ribs
- 4 pounds beef back ribs*
- 4 teaspoons Tabasco brand original pepper sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325¬∞F.
- Brush ribs with 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce. Place in large roasting pan. Cover tightly with foil; bake 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine chili sauce, molasses, vinegar, brown sugar, remaining 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce and salt. Heat to a boil, over high heat; reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered about 5 minutes to blend flavors.
- Preheat grill to medium-low, over indirect heat. Brush ribs on both sides with sauce. Place ribs on grill; meat-side down. Cover and continue cooking 15 minutes. Turn ribs over; brush with more sauce. Cook 15 minutes longer, or until ribs are tender. Serve ribs with grilled bell peppers, if desired.
Makes 6 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
*If you prefer, substitute one 4-pound slab pork spare ribs in place of beef ribs. Prepare as above.