Sean Copeland

Monday - Friday 5am-10am
Click here to email Sean

HOMETOWN:   Wolf Lake, IL (Population 300..counting dogs & cats)

CAREER HISTORY:   When I was in high school, my friend’s dad owned a radio station..I begged him for a job and thinking it would be awkward to reject his son’s friend, he hired me.  Since then I’ve worked in Dayton, Tulsa, St.Louis, Sacramento, Kansas City, and now Indianapolis.

FAVORITE LIVE MUSIC VENUE:   Any small intimate venue where I can sit and be sung a coffee shop.  Here in town I love the Circle Theatre and Symphony on the Prarie in the summertime!

FAVORITE CONCERT I’VE EVER BEEN TO:   Garth Brooks.  Even if you’re not a country music fan..the dude knows how to put on a show!

MOVIES:   Groundhog Day is my favorite movie of all time. I also never met a documentary I didn’t like. I recenlty got a great one from the library about asparagus farming. If you check it out (you know you want to), let me know what you think!

TELEVISION:   Seinfeld is the best show that’s ever been on television. There you have it.  The matter is settled.  Other than that.. Modern Family, The Middle, Parks & Recreation, Breaking Bad, and PBS Frontline (see previous note about my love of documentaries).

WEBSITES TO VISIT:   You mean asside from :) I’m semi addicted to Facebook and Twitter. The things people put out there for public consumption greatly amuses me.

LITTLE KNOWN FACT ABOUT ME:  I was named after John Lennon’s son Sean..and I once ran for political office (and lost).

FAVORITE LOCAL RESTAURANTS:  Bluebeard, Yats, Iozzos, Napolese.. I could go on. Seriously. That’s like asking a mother to name her favorite child :)

FAVORITE THING ABOUT WORK:  Getting up in the middle of the night.. oh wait, I thought you said “least” favorite thing.

TYPICAL BREAKFAST:   Old man Fiber cereal and coffee w/ lots of cream and fake sugar!

FAVORITE ROADTRIP FROM INDY:   Chicago. A show at 2nd City + a Portillo’s hot dog + Giordano’s pizza = a great weekend!

LIKE TO COOK?  Yeah..I’m trying to master the art of BBQ on my smoker (low and slow baby..low and slow).

PETS: A golden doodle rescue named Brady.

THREE OF MY EVERYDAY ESSENTIALS:  Coffee, Iced tea, Diet Mt. Dew (I’m very beverage centric).

THREE THINGS TO DO BEFORE I DIE:  1) Go the airport with no destination in mind and just buy a ticket to a random place on the spot. 2) See the Pacers win an NBA championship. 3) Learn how to change a tire (I seriously don’t know how, so if you see me on the side of 465..please stop and help).

More posts from this author

(photo courtesy of Red Gold) Heather from shared this recipe in less than 1 minute w/ me this AM! 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 1 medium onion, chopped 1 pound ground turkey, or 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped 3 garlic cloves,...
With all the diet books and tricks out there, you'd think they'd be out of ideas by now. Guess not! Somehow they keep churning them out. Here are a few I've never heard before: 1) Serve dinner from the stove. You'll eat 10% less on average 2) When you want a snack, just distract...
If this is correct, every guy at least (sorry ladies) should eat chococlate cake (or insert your favorite dessert) for breakfast every day! New survey finds 75% of women prefer a guy with a beer gut over a guy with a 6 pack. Reason being.. most figure a guy with a belly has a...
With this scary respiratory thing going around, this could be good to know! We've all heard stuff like "your desk is dirtier than the toilet... yada, yada, yada." But I've never heard this! New thing out says the 2 "germiest" spots at work are: 1) Microwave handle 2) Coffee pot...
The idea is simple... eat well 80% of the time and eat what you want the other 20% of the time! So if you eat 21 meals each week (that's 3/day)... you can eat whatever you want for roughly 4 meals. It's basically a repackaged "cheat day" -- which I know works for a lot of people...
Dear all women: Please stop saying/doing this. It's not cute. Thanks, Sean
Having a tough time making it through your day? Could you use a nap? No. You don't need a nap. You need a COFEE NAP! Here's the idea... chug a cup of coffee, take a 20 minute power nap, and wake up refreshed! The reasoning makes a lot of sense. If you drink the coffee super fast...
As kids didn't we all have that one friend who's house had a funky smell? And I internalized that to where now as an adult I worry that my house has a funky smell and I just don't know it. You can't smell your own funk...and you can't smell your own perfume after awhile. Science...