You Know You Went To College In Indiana When...
Photo Credit: HsinJuHSU /Getty Images
Every college has certain things that make them stand out from the rest. If you mention even one of them to another student/alum who went there, you're immediately best friends!
What better way to show your school spirit at the beginning of the school year than remembering those events, mascots, places, inside jokes, and more that bonds you & your peers forever??
- Colonial Inn was a "right of passage"
- The Darty of the Year: Spring Football Game
- Wild Beaver
- Hanging out at Smith Mall
- No Greek Life
- Thanksgiving dinner held every year
- Midnight breakfast during finals
- Living in the heart of downtown Indianapolis
- Where Jawz and Jazzy found love
- Ya gotta Regatta
The IUPUI Regatta has became a signature event for the campus AND benefits the Stefan S. Davis IUPUI Regatta Scholarship. It's a half-mile canoe race on the canal in the heart of Indianapolis. Paddle in the race or be a spectator throwing buckets of water on them—it'll be fun for all! Plus, there's live entertainment, an Arts & Culture Fair, and food!
IUPUI Regatta Race on the Canal
- The only 2 restaurants that exist in Muncie to you are Scotty's & Puerto Vallarta
- Dill Street
- Crab races (yes, that's exactly what you think it is)
- Geese. Are. Everywhere.
- Scramble Light
- Harry's Chocolate Shop (no, it's not a candy shop)
- Breakfast Club at 6am on game days
- Neil Armstrong statue
- "Where Else?"
- Duane Purvis All-American from Triple XXX
- Wind tunnel underneath the Math Building
- Whether you have any recollection of it or not, Little 500 was the best week of your college career
- Running into "townies" was a real ordeal
- Jumping into the quarry
- 5th floor of Ballantine
- Shaking Herman's hand
- Pizza X
- You may have lost football games, but you will NEVER lose at the tailgates
- Parking tickets from Chalmers
- Broadripple is the "place to be"
- Attending events on campus just to reach the 8 credits needed to graduate
- Construction. Construction. Construction.
- 2pm basketball games in Hinkle Fieldhouse
- Jumping into the star fountain
- When someone says "Blackbeard" they don't mean a pirate, they're talking about an aggressive squirrel